Serves: 6 servings
- 1 chicken (3 Ibs.)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup minced onion
- 1" fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of British Class tandoori masala
- 1 cup or 8 oz. natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp. of British Class lemon juice
1. Remove skin from chicken; either keep whole or cut in pieces.
2. Prick flesh with a fork and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt.
3. Blend together onion, ginger, garlic, and tandoori masala.
4. Add yogurt and lime juice to make a fairly thick paste.
5. Make a few gashes on the legs and breast of the bird and rub with the paste. Leave to marinate for 4-5 hours or overnight.
6. Place chicken in a greased baking dish and bake at 325°F for 1-1½ hours (25 minutes per lb.).
7. Baste occasionally with the marinade. Serve on a bed of saffron rice with tomato salad.