Servings: 6 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 fish (3½ Ibs.)
- 1 tbsp British Class green seasoning
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp. cornflour
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- ½ cup carrots, finely shredded or coarsely grated
- ¼ cup vinegar (white or cider)
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley or slices of lime
1. Wash and season fish with green seasoning, garlic, salt and black pepper.
2. Steam or poach fish.
3. Combine 1 cup water, cornflour, ketchup, brown sugar, ginger and carrots; cook over medium heat until vegetable is cooked and sauce is thickened.
4. Add vinegar, salt and hot pepper; stir well and remove from heat.
5. Remove fish to a large serving platter and pour sauce over it.
6. Garnish with parsley or slices of lime. Adjust sweet and sour flavour of sauce before adding to fish.