Servings: 6 servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 12 ounces okra
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup Cool Runnings coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Cool Runnings Jamaican style curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil, I used coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Cool Runnings thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Cool Runnings ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Cool Runnings cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
1. Place okra in a colander and rinse under cold running water. Prepare Okra by cutting off the stems and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, thyme and cook until the onions are softened (about 2 minutes).
3. Stir in tomato and cook for one minute. Add curry powder, allspice, scotch bonnet pepper, and stir. Let cook for another minute.
4. Next, add in the okra and stir well to coat it with the seasoning.
5. Stir in the coconut milk, water, and add some salt to taste. Bring the curry to a boil. Let the okra cook for another 10 minutes, until it is tender.
6. Check the seasoning, add salt if needed. Serve hot with rice or quinoa.