- 1lb sorrel, washed
- 2 pcs orange peel
- 1 ginger slice, grated
- 10 pcs Cool Runnings allspice whole
- 1 cup British Class turbinado sugar
- 8 cups water, divided
- 2 oz. rum of your choice
- Ice, to taste
1. Place the sorrel in a heatproof medium bowl. Reserve.
2. In a stainless steel pot, add 6 cups of water, orange peel, grated ginger and Cool Runnings Whole Allspice. Bring it to a boil.
3. Pour the liquid over the reserved sorrel. Let it stand for at least 6 hours then strain to a pitcher.
4. In a small pot, mix British Class Turbinado Sugar and 2 cups of water. Simmer until sugar dissolves completely.
5. Add the sugar syrup, the rum and the ice to the pitcher. Mix well.