- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups Cool Runnings coconut milk
- 1 can (19oz) red kidney beans
- 1 whole Scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp Cool Runnings rice & peas seasoning
- ½ tsp Cool Runnings dried thyme or 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- ½ tsp Cool Runnings ground black pepper
1. In a large measuring cup, combine the liquid from the canned beans with Cool Runnings Coconut Milk. Add water to the measuring cup until it is reaches 3 ½ cups.
2. Pour the liquid into a large pot and add the green onions, thyme, full scotch bonnet pepper, Cool Runnings Rice and Peas Seasoning, kidney beans and black pepper. Bring it to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add the long grain rice and butter and stir the pot once.
4. Reduce heat to low then cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until water has evaporated.
5. If the rice is not tender, add a bit more water (to your discretion) and simmer for another 3 minutes until cooked.
6. Serve hot with your choice of protein and enjoy!