Serves: 6 servings | Prep time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Cool Runnings Jerk seasoning spice
- Salt, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the diced sweet potatoes and cook until they are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
2. Drain the sweet potatoes and transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Add the milk, butter, Jamaican jerk seasoning, and a pinch of salt.
3. Mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher or a fork until they are smooth and well combined.
4. Serve the mashed sweet potatoes warm, garnished with a sprinkle of additional Jamaican jerk seasoning, if desired.