- 12 egg yolks
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups light cream
- 5 Cool Runnings whole cloves
- 2 1/2 cups light rum
- 1 1/2 cups British Class golden sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon Cool Runnings vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Cool Runnings ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Cool Runnings ground nutmeg
1. Combine milk, cloves, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan, and heat over lowest setting for 5 minutes. Slowly bring milk mixture to a boil.
2. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar. Whisk together until fluffy. Whisk hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs. Pour mixture into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick. Do not allow mixture to boil. Strain to remove cloves, and let cool for about an hour.
3. Stir in rum, cream, 2 teaspoon vanilla, and nutmeg. Refrigerate overnight before serving.