Servings: 6 servings | Prep time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 2h 20 minutes
- 1kg goat (chopped)
- 4 cups water
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 large white potato (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. British Class green seasoning
- 2 tbsp. British Class green seasoning
- 3 tbsp. Cool Runnings goat curry powder
- 2 Cool Runnings bay leaves
1. In a clean bowl, season the goat meat with salt, black pepper, green seasoning, curry powder, bay leaves and onions. Mix well and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
2. Remove the meat from the fridge up to 30 minutes before cooking. Separate the meat from the seasonings and set aside.
3. To a skillet add oil and heat up on medium heat for 1 minute. Add in the meat pieces and cover the pot for 5 minutes before stirring. Add the water to the bowl with the leftover seasoning and set aside.
4. After 5 minutes stir the pot well and add in the water, thyme and scotch bonnet pepper and mix well. Cover the pot and simmer on low heat for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
5. After 2 hours if the water level is too low, add 1 more cup of water and adjust the salt and seasoning accordingly to preference. Add the chopped potatoes and simmer for a further 10 minutes on low heat.
6. When the potatoes are cooked, turn off the pot and rest for 10 minutes before serving.