- 2 lbs chicken (cut approx. 2 inch pieces)
- 1 tbsp British Class Coconut Oil
- 4 tbsp Cool Runnings Jamaican Style Curry Powder, divided
- Salt, to taste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 stems spring onions, chopped
- 1-2 tsp Cool Runnings Thyme Leaf
- 1 can (400ml) Cool Runnings Coconut Milk or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Cool Runnings Chicken Seasoning
- 1 large potato or yam, diced (optional)
- 1 large carrot, diced (optional)
- 1 large Scotch bonnet pepper (optional)
1. Marinate chicken with 1 tablespoon Cool Runnings Jamaican Style Curry Powder and leave in the fridge for a few hours.
2. In a pot, melt British Class Coconut Oil and sauté marinated chicken for about 5 minutes on medium heat until the chicken is browned.
3. Add diced onion and 1 tablespoon of Jamaican Style Curry Powder and mix until onion is caramelized.
4. Stir in Cool Runnings Coconut Milk or broth, Cool Runnings Chicken Seasoning, spring onions, and Cool Runnings Thyme Leaf, and bring the curry to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook covered for 15 minutes.
5. Add optional potatoes / yam, and scotch bonnet pepper to the pot, and cook on medium low or an additional 20-30 minutes until everything is cooked to your liking..
6. Stir in the remainder 2 tablespoons of Cool Runnings Jamaican Style Curry Powder, and bring the curry to a boil then down to medium low. You may add water or chicken stock depending on how thick you prefer the curry to be..
7. Check to see if chicken is fully cooked and taste. You may add some salt, more Cool Runnings Chicken Seasoning and Jamaican Style Curry Powder to flavour to your desire..