Serves: 4 servings | Prep time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Cool Runnings creole seasoning
- Cooked rice, for serving
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken to the saucepan and sprinkle with the creole seasoning. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink on the outside, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
4. Serve the creole chicken over cooked rice and enjoy!