- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice (basmati works well too)
- 1 tbsp British Class coconut oil
- 1 jalapeño (diced, seeded for less spice)
- 1 small diced shallot
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- ½ tsp Cool Runnings ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp Cool Runnings ground turmeric
- 13.5 oz canned Cool Runnings coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1/3 cup loosely packed chopped cilantro
1. Rinse rice until the water runs clear, set aside.
2. In a medium pot or dutch oven on medium heat add coconut oil, jalapeño, pepper, turmeric, and shallot.
3. Sauté for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
4. Add rice, salt, coconut milk, lime zest and water. Stir together and increase the medium-high heat.
5. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 14-16 minutes.
Fluff with a fork and stir in arugula and cilantro. Serve hot and enjoy!