Serves: 4 | Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Cool Runnings demerara brown sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons British Class baking powder
- 2 eggs. separated
- 1- 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon Cool Runnings vanilla extract
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Cool Runnings strawberry jam
- Maple Syrup
1. Make Goat Cheese Cream: In a mixing bowl, beat goat cheese until smooth & creamy. Add cream and beat until soft peaks form.
2. Make Waffles: In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
(This batter can be made up the night before and refrigerated to use in the morning.)3. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with one of your favorite Cool Runnings jam, a dollop of goat cheese cream, and maple syrup.