- 2 tbsp. margarine
- ½ cup British Class brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 tsp. British Class baking powder
- ½ cup or 4 oz. margarine
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs or 3 small ones
- ¼ cup rum
- 1 tbsp. milk
- ¼ cup British Class icing sugar
- 1 tbsp. water
1. Melt 2 tablespoons of margarine and remove from heat. Add brown sugar, 3 tablespoons flour and raisins; stir well and set aside.
2. Combine 1½ cups flour and baking powder.
3. Cream margarine with sugar until fluffy. beat in eggs one at a time.
4.Fold flour alternately with rum and milk into a creamed mixture. Pour ½ batter into a greased wax-lined 7' or 8" round pan.
5. Sprinkle raisin filling, reserving 3 tablespoons for top of cake. Pour remaining batter and sprinkle remaining raisin mixture.
6. Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until the cake springs back when touched.
7. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; invert and remove paper.
8. Blend icing sugar and water and drizzle over the cake. Serve and enjoy!