Servings: 6 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 3 medium ripe plantains
- 1/4 cup of Cool Runnings coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar, or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cool Runnings ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of Cool Runnings cayenne pepper
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, prepare the plantains by cutting the ends off and slicing them in half. Remove the peel from plantains and slice into chunks.
2. Carefully add the plantains into the hot water, set the heat to a low or medium heat and leave it to simmer until the plantains are tender. To check if they are well-cooked, use a fork to prick the plantain. It should be soft to touch with a bright yellow colour.
3. Drain the water and set aside the plantains in a medium sized bowl, allow them to cool down before you start to mash them.
4. Use a potato masher or fork and mash the plantains. If the plantains are firm, you can add some coconut milk to assist you with mashing.
5. Once the plantains are nicely mashed, add the additional ingredients and spices. Mix well and serve!