Servings: 4 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 70 minutes
- 1 lb of raw shrimp with shell
- 3 red scotch bonnet finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- ½ tablespoon of Cool Runnings onion powder
- ½ tablespoon of Cool Runnings garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cool Runnings all purpose seasoning
- 1-2 teaspoon of Cool Runnings Himalayan pink salt
- ½ teaspoon of Cool Runnings black pepper ground
- ¼ teaspoon of Cool Runnings allspice ground
- ½ tablespoon of Cool Runnings thyme
- fresh lime to clean the shrimp
1. Clean the shrimp by squeezing and rubbing the lime juice all over the shrimps and rinse with water. Use a toothpick to devein the shrimp.
2. Coat and rub the shrimp with all the ingredients and let sit for an hour.
3. Preheat a Dutch pot with 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil on medium heat.
4. Add 1/4 cup of warm water and cover with lid to let steam for 10 minutes. The shrimp should be pink and ready to eat, the sauce will thicken as it cools.
5. Once ready, serve immediately to prevent change in texture in shrimp from reheating.