- 2lb (including bones) of goat meat - cut in to cubes
- 1/2 lb diced carrots
- 1/2 lb diced potato
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 diced onions
- 2 scallions (or spring onions)
- 2 hot chilies (ideally scotch bonnet)
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp Cool Runnings curry goat powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
1. In a blender, combine the curry powder, onions, scallion, salt, pepper, chillies, ginger, thyme and half a cup of water. Blend the mix until it is well mixed, can add more water if needed.
2. Rub the mixture into the cubes of the meat, let marinade in the fridge overnight.
3. When you are ready to prepare the dish, scrap the marinade off the meat and save for later.
4. Place the meat and butter into a frying pan and let brown slowly. Add the potatoes, carrots and marinade and then add enough water to cover the meat.
5. Bring to a boil and let simmer until the meat is tender! (about 1hr - 1.5 hrs). Serve with rice and peas and enjoy!