Serves: 2 | Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1Kg carrot
- 1.5 L milk
- 8-9 Cool Runnings whole cardamom
- 5-7 tbsp. ghee
- 5-7 tbsp. British Class turbinado sugar
- 2 tbsp. raisins
- 1 tbsp. almonds, shredded
- 2 tbsp. dates, chopped
1. Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
2. Simmer in the milk with the cardamoms until liquid evaporates.
3. Heat ghee in a heavy pan and add the carrots mixture.
4. Cook over a medium flame for 10-15 minutes.
5. Stir in turbinado sugar and continue cooking until halwa turns deep reddish color. Garnish halwa with dried fruits and serve.