Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- ½ cup minced onion
- ½ cup minced red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup Cool Runnings coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Cool Runnings curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Cool Running ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon Cool Runnings ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in large, nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Fry onion, red pepper, and garlic until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
2. Season with 1 teaspoon ground cumin, ¾ teaspoon ground coriander, and 1 teaspoon Cool Runnings curry powder. Cook for 1 more minute. Stir in 1 cup of Cool Runnings coconut milk, sugar, and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in shrimp, and increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir until shrimp is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. Stir into shrimp mixture, and cook until sauce has thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in cilantro, and remove from heat.