Serves: 4 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 1h 10 minutes
- 1 pound lamb stew meat, cubed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons Cool Runnings ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons Cool Runnings ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Cool Runnings hot chili powder, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon Cool Runnings cumin seeds, or to taste
1. Take a medium saucepan and heat up the canola oil. Cook the onion and garlic with cumin seeds in pan, just until the onion is nice and browned (about 10 minutes).
2. Add the lamb, tomato paste, garam masala, coriander, salt, turmeric, and red chili powder into the pan, stir together and make sure all is evenly coated.
3. Cover the pan and lower the heat to allow the meat to simmer to get tender. Make sure the center is no longer pink (about 1 hour).