Servings: 6 servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth (can substitute with Cool Runnings chicken bouillon)
- 1 package (6 ounces) of Cool Runnings jasmine rice
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Minced fresh parsley
1. Heat up some butter in a large saucepan, saute the onion and mushrooms in the butter until they become tender. Next, add some water, broth and rice and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir in your leftover turkey and cream and let it heat through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve!