- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Cool Runnings onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cool Runnings chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cool Runnings paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Cool Runnings cumin ground
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 10 hot dogs
- 10 wooden skewers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
1. In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk milk and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Let stand for 15 minutes. Insert skewers into hot dogs; dip into batter.
2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry corn dogs, a few at a time, until golden brown, 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
Tip: When dipping the hot dogs into a batter, it's easier in a tall glass.