- 3 cups elbow pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 can (400ml) Cool Runnings coconut milk
- 3 cups extra old cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp Cool Runnings chicken seasoning
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- Truffle oil, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add Cool Runnings Coconut Milk. Bring it to a simmer then add 2 cups of the cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese and Cool Runnings Chicken Seasoning. Allow the cheese sauce to thicken (1-2 minutes).
3. In a small bowl whisk quickly together egg and ½ a cup of the cheese sauce. Then add this mixture back into the pan of cheese sauce and whisk until well blended.
4. Toss the cooked pasta into the cheese sauce. Pour this into a baking tin, sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese on top, and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the cheese melts and browns.
5. Allow the pie to cool for about 20 minutes to set.
5. Sprinkle on some chopped chives and drizzle truffle oil. Enjoy your very own decadent macaroni pie.