- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Cool Runnings garlic, pepper & herbs seasoning
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tsp British Class active dry yeast
- 1 tsp British Class golden sugar
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
1. In a small container mix water, British Class golden sugar and yeast. Let it sit until fragrant, about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix flour, salt, Cool Runnings garlic, pepper & herbs seasoning, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
3. Once the yeast is ready, add it to the flour mixture and knead the dough until elastic and smooth. Add more flour, if necessary.
4. Grease a small baking pan with ¼ cup olive oil and stretch the dough over it. Let it rest covered in a warm place for about one hour or until it doubles in size.
5. Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
6. Press the dough down and make dimples with your fingers. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sprinkle some more Cool Runnings garlic, pepper & herbs seasoning and let it rest for another 15 minutes.
7. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Once baked, remove from the baking tray and cool in a cooling rack so the crust remains crunchy.
8. Cut and serve with your choice of butter, dip or spread.