Servings: 8 servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups Cool Runnings evaporated milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tsp. Cool Runnings vanilla extract
- 1 heaped tbsp. gelatin, soaked in ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp. icing sugar or less
- ½ cup Cool Runnings evaporated milk, frozen
- toasted coconut or chopped nuts
1. Combine milk, cocoa and sugar in a pot, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
2. Next, stir in egg yolk, vanilla and gelatin; keep stirring until gelatin dissolves. Let mixture chill, until thickened.
3. Whip egg white stiff and gradually beat in icing sugar.
4. Whip frozen evaporated milk until fluffy.
5. Beat cocoa mixture for a few seconds then fold in whipped evaporated milk and stiffly beaten egg white.
6. Pour in a dish and chill. Serve with toasted coconuts or chopped nuts.