Servings: 8 servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 1 hours
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1¾ tsp. salt
- 2½ oz. cold margarine
- 1½/-2 tbsp. ice-cold water
- ½ tsp. lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp. prepared mustard
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1½ cups grated cheese
- 1½ cups of Cool Runnings evaporated milk (low fat or skimmed)
- 2 cups cooked spinach
- ½ cup sliced sweet peppers
- ½ tsp. Cool Runnings hot pepper
- 1 tsp. Cool Runnings paprika
1. Sift the flour and add sugar and ¾ teaspoon of salt.
2. Cut in margarine until fine as peas; add cold water and lime juice and mix to a firm dough. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour before rolling.
3. Roll out the dough to fit 9" pie dish; prick with a fork and bake for 8-10 minutes at 400°F.
4. Beat eggs slightly and add remaining 1 teaspoon salt, mustard, onion, cheese, milk, spinach, sweet pepper and hot pepper.
5. Pour into pastry shell and sprinkle with paprika.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until knife comes out clean when tested.