- 1 lb (about 3 pieces) skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp British Class coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Cool Runnings jerk seasoning
- 2 tsp Maggi Seasoning Sauce (Soya Sauce)
- 2 tsp Cool Runnings guava jam
1. In a zip seal bag mix together British Class Coconut Oil, Cool Runnings Jerk Seasoning, soya sauce, and Cool Runnings Guava Jam..
2. Add chicken thighs into the bag and toss to coat the meat well.
3. Remove as much air as possible from the bag, seal, lay flat on a plate, and allow it to marinate for 2 hours at room temperature. Flip the bag a few times to ensure the chicken marinates evenly. If you are not grilling the chicken right away then allow it to marinate in the fridge.
4. Preheat your barbecue to 350ºF (medium) just before grilling the chicken.
5. For added flavour, sprinkle the remaining 1 teaspoon of Cool Runnings Jerk Seasoning on both sides of the chicken before grilling.
6. Sear each side of the chicken for 2-3 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 250ºF to 300ºF and allow the chicken to grill on both sides for a total of 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Enjoy this smoky and flavourful Jerk Chicken alone or with your favourite sides.