Serves: 6 servings | Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 Cool Runnings Chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cool Runnings table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of Cool Runnings ground pepper
1. Heat up the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; sauté the mushrooms and onion until tender.
2. Mix the flour, salt, pepper, 2 cups of boiling water and 2 chicken flavour bouillon cubes; stir until smooth. Mix in the mushroom and onion from earlier.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil; let cook and keep stirring until soup thickens (about 2 minutes). Reduce the heat and mix in the cream. Let simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes, remembering to stir occasionally. Serve hot!