Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut
- 3/4 cup clam juice
- 5 teaspoons of Cool Runnings Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce
- 3 teaspoons of Cool Runnings Parsley Flakes
- 1 ½ pounds skinless cod or hake fillets, cut into pieces
- ½ teaspoon of Cool Runnings Ground Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
1. Melt the butter in a oven over medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery and a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start softening, about 7 minutes. Add the chicken broth, 2 cups of water, the clam juice, potatoes, bay leaves and 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Add Cool Runnings Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce to the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a steady simmer and cook until the potatoes are just tender, 13 to 15 minutes.
2. Season the fish with salt, add to the soup and simmer until starting to flake, about 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaves. Stir in the scallions. Divide the soup among bowls and top with parsley and pepper.
3. Serve and enjoy.