Servings: 4-6 servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb of cod or mackerel
- 1 cup of Cool Runnings coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon of Cool Runnings Jamaican curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cool Runnings allspice
- 1 teaspoon of Cool Runnings dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Heat some oil over medium-high heat in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add the onion, garlic, curry powder, allspice, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook, frequently stirring, until the onion is soft and fragrant.
2. Add the fish, coconut milk, water, tomatoes, carrots, and celery to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in the cilantro, and cook for another minute. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
4. Serve the stew hot with rice or bread, garnished with more cilantro, if desired.